Wednesday, July 8, 2009

11.5 Thing #8 - Screencast

Wow! I am excited about this. My first attempt was to create an instructional video to show teachers how to reserve the computer labs. This is an ongoing thing and being able to send them this clip would be much easier for everyone. I realize that I need lots of practice as was suggested in the tips and I need to speak MUCH louder.

I would like to try this method for showing students how to use the subscription databases. I usually demonstrate with a projector attached to my laptop, but the light in the library is too bright and the classes are so large that those in the back of the room cannot see.

Here is my first attempt. I may replace it when I produce a better one!

3 comments:

VWB said...

I currently can't see your little video...I think it has fallen victim to our new firewall that is undergoing a bit of tweaking. So I will try at home.

Do you remember which one of the services you used...it sounds like the process was good for you. Others have said some of them were not, so I am just wondering which one you were successful with?

VWB said...

for a first attempt, I think it is great..don't think you need "apologize" at all. Yes the volume thing is always something to think about isn't it?

Could you let us know which service you used ...there have been different opinions about which are the easiest and mist successful?

Cooking Librarian said...

I used Screencast-o-matic and thought it was easy to use. I saved my project in three different formats to see which would look the best.