Sunday, June 28, 2009

11.5 Thing #7 - Video Resources

I am so glad to have discovered all of these video resources. I found several that I plan to share with the classroom teachers. One that I found is a PBS video titled "The Lobotomist". The psychology teacher could use this for his class when he teaches the brain and mental illness. This is certainly not a fun movie, but it is an interesting look into medical history and mistakes that have been made.



On a lighter note, I found several nutrition videos on NeoK12. The Foods and Nutrition classes as well as the Health classes could benefit from these. They are short, informative, and fast-paced enough for today's students. I might use these in the library when the classes come in for their research projects. Of course, they would work well in the classroom, too. This particular video is from YouTube, so it would be blocked in my school district. I read in the paper today that BYU in Utah has decided to unblock YouTube for its students. If BYU thinks there is enough educational information on YouTube to open it up to the students, maybe my district will do the same!


Top 10 Worst Foods - Nutrition by Natalie



1 comment:

VWB said...

We are hoping YouTube will be available at school soon. In the meantime, use the program Zamzar to convert those videos to another format (wmv) that will play in your district!

www.zamzar.com

here are some directions
http://librestechsbisdcurr.pbworks.com/ZamZar+Video+Conversion