Thursday, June 26, 2008

Thing #12 Commenting

1. Vicki Davis says that commenting on blogs indicates that you think that particular topic is important. Blog writers will continute to write and provide information about topics that the readers respond to. I hadn't thought of comments in this way and can now see what a useful tool comments can be.

Another point that I think is important is to invite comments on your own blog by asking questions and inviting comments. That's simply a technique of good conversation. A newbie would certainly feel more willing to post a comment if asked.

2. I have left comments on four of my "classmates" blogs so far.

3. I found a blog called "4 Reluctant Entertainers". This one is perfect for me. I posted a comment on the topic of letting go of perfectionism. Her advice was to let the kids set the table. The table will be beautiful in its own way and your guests will be comfortable.

Another blog I found was Reel Movie News. I must confess that I love films and own over 200 videos and DVDs. Now I must catalog them!

1 comment:

VWB said...

will check out the entertainer blog. one of my fondest memories with my mom was learning to set a table...and she always set a beautiful one...I don't do it very often anymore, but I always try to think about the way she did it!

isn't it amazing how there are blogs for eveything!