Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Thing #9 - Useful Library Blogs and News Feeds

I am suffering from information overload at this point. However, this exercise led me to a blog called Zen Habits that had great ideas for organizing your information! The following link leads to even more:
Information Overload

The method of finding good blogs that I prefer is looking at other people's blog rolls. Thanks for the article from Cool Cat Teacher about creating a circle of the wise. Edublog Award Winners was a great way to find good blogs with good blog rolls. I found some great feeds by using School Library Blogs on Suprglu. These sites were easiest to use because they narrowed down the searches to education and library blogs.

As much as I love Google Tools, I did not like Google Blog Search. I just could not find articles or links that appealed to me. Maybe I need to improve my search terms, but the results I got were useless to me.

Topix.net results were overwhelming. Gotta work with that one for a while to improve my results.

I liked Technorati. I was able to go to Blogs, then Topics, and find great links to all kinds of topics that interested me. There were some on Web 2.0!

1 comment:

Liberry Lady said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you for the information overload site http://oedb.org/blogs/ilibrarian/2007/get-organized-a-guide-for-dealing-with-information-overload/

It couldn't have come at a better time. This course if wonderful but overwhelming!