Wednesday, June 24, 2009

11.5 Thing #4 - Video Hosting

YouTube, TeacherTube, the education channel and government channel portion of YouTube are all excellent sources of videos for use in the classroom. Some advantages are that the videos are free, safe (at the education sites), and convenient. Best practices in teaching call for using video clips rather than showing full length theatrical release films. Online videos from hosting sites meet that criteria. The variety of available content is impressive. I have always found it difficult to find math videos for my teachers, but they can certainly find videos on these sites to support their subject. Students of all ages would enjoy and benefit from creating and sharing videos. I envision book reports, science projects, announcements, lectures, and promoting clubs and organizations using video.

Did you notice that on the YouTube video for how to upload your videos, the frame was flipped during one part and the wording on her shirt read, "ebuTuoY"?

Here is my attempt at creating and posting a video created with Animoto. I uploaded it to YouTube.

1 comment:

VWB said...

how fun...wasn't planning on leaving town this week and surprise! i did!

P.S. your voki sure was keeping her eye on me as I came to this comment box!

Those vokis are so cute and clever, but the "eye thing" borders on spooky just a tad! :-)