Thursday, June 25, 2009

11.5 Thing #6 - iTouch Apps

I don't own an iPod, iPhone, or iTouch, but I found some excellent video tutorials on the Apple website so I am familiar with the apps and what they can do. I wish I could download the "Bubble Wrap" app!

If I understand this assignment correctly, we are to come up with ways to use the iTouch in the library with groups of students. While connected to a data projector, you could show and use the calendar, dictionary, Google Earth, downloaded books, the Declaration of Independence, science apps, other social studies apps.

For individual student use, I think the notetaking app (Dexy) and the Air Sharing app would be invaluable. Right now students cannot access from home their documents that are stored on the district's site. Air Sharing would allow them to use their documents at home and at school.

No comments: