Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Thing #20 YouTube, TeacherTube, and Zamzar

This assignment was fun. I discovered so many useful videos for teachers and students to use. I linked to two videos just for your enjoyment. The first is linked directly from YouTube. I converted the second through Zamzar. At this point, I am waiting for the conversion which will be sent to me via email. When I receive it, I will edit this post and include the converted link.

I did receive the converted file, but I can't figure out how to post it to my blog. I can open it and play it, but I don't see any way to grab it and put it here.

Enjoy this video about Bill Gates' retirement from Microsoft.



An oldie but goodie about tech support:








I can't open TeacherTube today. I will try again tomorrow to complete this portion of the assignment.

Having so many clips available is a great opportunity for teachers. Teaching with clips is preferable to using full-length videos. These sources will allow students to find clips that they can use in their presentations. Blinkx returned so many results when I searched for clips related to science. I played with searching for the Three Gorges Dam in China and was amazed at the results. I've already emailed two clips to the Environmental Science teacher.

No comments: