Sunday, July 13, 2008

Thing #23 Summarize

1. What were your favorite discoveries or exercises on this learning journey?

Google Tools, online image generators, Library Thing, Teacher Tube, and creating a blog.

2. How has this program assisted or affected your lifelong learning goals?

I have always been curious and love to learn new things. Through participating in this program, I learned so many things...far more than 23! As I stated in a post at the beginning, I remember when my daughter showed me the difference between the monitor and the computer. Now I know more than she does, at least about web 2.0. I am ready to start a new course and learn even more.

3. Were there any take-a-ways or unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you?

What surprised me is my personal growth. At the beginning I was so nervous about posting on my blog, let alone commenting on others' blogs. I loosened up over the weeks and it is easier for me to participate. I'm amazed at myself.

4. What could we do differently to improve upon this program’s format or concept?

Perhaps put #12, Creating Community through Commenting, closer to the beginning. Also, it would be nice to see where participants are in the 23 Things so that it would be easier to find postings to read. There were so many participants and it took a long time to open each blog looking for a post on a particular Thing.

5. If we offered another discovery program like this in the future, would you choose to participate?

Absolutely. Just say when.

6. How would you describe your learning experience in ONE WORD or in ONE SENTENCE, so we could use your words to promote 23 Things learning activities?

Learn while playing! Not original, but it is the perfect description.

I do plan to keep my blog and repurpose it. At the beginning, I thought I would delete it as soon as this class was over. That shows how far I have come. I do plan to keep reading others' blogs because I will keep learning from my classmates. C'mon everyone. You can do it!

1 comment:

VWB said...

Congratulations on completing your 23 Things journey. And glad to read you are going to keep your blog going...hope you will share your new adventures with your students!

as for keeping up with who has written new posts...that is the advantage of a reader...you can list the blogs you want t ofollow in your reader and check only it for new posts.

Also the Kickball Captains have made a reader public...it shows all the new posts...it is on the side bar after all the summer players and summer graduates!